Monday, October 17, 2011

the China Israel Connection

China, Israel, Asia, Civilization, : Dry Bones cartoon.
The modern State of Israel and the modern state of China were created within 15 months of each other in the 1948-49 period. But both Chinese and Israelite history go back through thousands of years before 1948-49, each in our own homeland.

The first-ever Israel Studies Program in the history of Chinese universities is about to celebrate the inauguration of its first Academic year. The program was created and established by SIGNAL (Sino-Israel Global Network & Academic Leadership) at the International Relations School at Sichuan International Studies University(SISU) in association with the Center for Jewish & Chinese Studies (CJCS) based at SISU.

I'm proud to have been asked by SIGNAL to be the keynote speaker at the inaugural event at SISU. I am also pleased that SIGNAL has invited me to lecture at universities and think tanks across China throughout the second half of October. If all goes right, as you read this, I'll be heading east to Shanghai, Beijing, Henan and Chongqing.

I expect to be back in Israel on Nov. 1st.

* * *
I left some cartoons to automatically post while I'm away. Enjoy

Labels: , , , , ,